150 - 805 Cloverdale Ave
Superb and central, bordering Oak Bay in the Jubilee area of beautiful Victoria. Walk to the grocery store, coffee shops and many nearby amenities. This tidy 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo has a stylish and contemporary feel. With two newly renovated bathrooms complete with MAXX neo-round shower and full tub, new carpets in the bedrooms plus new kitchen appliances, there is nothing to do but move in. Enjoy a s...
Blink and you'll miss it! Tucked right at the back of one of the most charming townhouse developments in the city is this three bedroom, two bath home. Located just minutes from Downtown Victoria, the Galloping Goose and Selkirk Waterway. The main offers an open floor plan with sunken living room, gas fireplace and patio sliders that lead to a private West-facing yard and garden space. There are three bedroom...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.
The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford.
REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.
Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.
Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Jens has been licensed as a Realtor with Pemberton Holmes for ten years. During that time, he has distinguished himself as an agent who works hard for his clients, while also working well with the many professionals throughout the Real Estate field. Jens has earned multiple MLS Awards for his sales numbers, and believes that personalized service is the key to satisfying home buyers and sellers. This has been the best form of advertising, as his referral base generates the majority of his client portfolio.
On top of his work under Pemberton Holmes, Jens also works for a financial institution which involves him conducting informal site appraisals as well as listing and selling Court Ordered sales. This dynamic and challenging aspect of Jens' business has given him great experience managing legal aspects of Real Estate in the court setting as well as managing multiple offer scenarios.
When Jens is not working on his clients' needs, you may find him tending to his fields and property as he and his wife Beth own Little Brookhaven Farm in West Saanich, where they raise their two young daughters. Jens also sits on the board of directors for the Growing Young Farmers Society, which focuses on increasing youth involvement with the cultivation of organic food.
If you are considering buying or selling a home, Jens hopes that you will be in touch to experience the level of service which he provides.