REDUCED!! This stately Rockland Character home has much to offer, with 6 beds/4 baths and a separate suite. Located just below the Government House and situated well above Richardson, a gorgeous, sunny enclosed patio and entryway invite you inside. The charm and character of traditional oak floors, stained glass, picture rails and impeccable wood work throughout the main level are sure to impress. Formal li...
This is a great property for families or retirees, with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and no steps! Centrally located near Swan Lake and Uptown on a quiet street, this Rancher-style house is immaculate inside and out. The wide open living space is fabulous for entertaining and the fully updated kitchen is the heart of the home. A natural gas fireplace will keep you cozy in the Winter, and in the Summer you'll open u...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.
The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford.
REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.
Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.
Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
I have been licensed as a Realtor with Pemberton Holmes since 2007. During that time, I have distinguished myself as an agent who works hard for my clients, while also having great relationships with many professionals throughout the Real Estate field. I have earned multiple MLS Awards for my sales numbers, and believe that my personalized service is the most important attribute to home buyers and sellers. This has been the best form of advertising, as my referral base generates the vast majority of my client portfolio.
On top of my work as a Personal Real Estate Corporation at Pemberton Holmes, I also work for a financial institution which involves conducting informal site appraisals as well as listing and selling Court Ordered sales. This dynamic and challenging aspect of my business has given me valuable experience managing legal aspects of Real Estate in the court setting, as well as managing multiple offer scenarios.
When I am not working on my clients' needs, you may find me tending to our fields, livestock, and property as my wife Beth and I own Little Brookhaven Farm in West Saanich, where we raise our two young daughters. My understanding of the importance of local food and agriculture has led me to a volunteer position as Vice President for the Growing Young Farmers Society, which focuses on increasing youth involvement with the cultivation of organic food.
If you are considering buying or selling a home, I hope that you will be in touch to experience the level of service which I provide.